How Often Should I Rebound?
To get the most out of rebounding you should do it EVERY DAY. Yes, you read it right. For an effective workout, you have to rebound every day. When it comes to rebounding, a lot of excuses become invalid. It is an exercise that knows no age limit and can be done at any time and anywhere.
For best results, you should rebound several times during the day. At least 2 sessions each day would be ideal, once in the morning and once in the evening…
How Long Should I Rebound?
Once you’re past the beginner’s stage into rebounding, we’d recommend a 10 minute exercise twice every day. According to NASA, a 20-minute rebounding session can be as effective as a 30-minute jog.
Whether you’re the parent of four or you run your own business, we’re certain you can take the time out of your day to rebound. It is a great way to have fun with your kids. If you don’t have kids, it’s still a great way to decompress after a long day at work.
Some Things to remember before Rebounding
Rebounding can be a great way to have fun with your children. But that does not mean you can use the same trampoline they use for fun, for your workout. Rebounding requires a special rebounder mini trampoline that is easily available for purchase. These mini trampolines can be used by your kids as well, despite theirs not helping with your workout. So make sure you choose the right trampoline before you make that purchase.
The best part about rebounding is that it is so convenient you can even do it anywhere. Some people do it whenever they’re free. Even in their day clothes! However, for a good workout, we recommend that you wear the appropriate clothing. What we mean by appropriate is that it should be comfortable and fairly tight.
One very common mistake people make while rebounding is that they jump too fast too soon on their trampoline. The right way to do it is to have a challenging pace, but make sure it is slow enough for you to still be able to hold a conversation with someone.
Rebounding doesn’t require hiring a babysitter for the kids or getting dressed and driving all the way to the gym. It isn’t as rigorous as most other forms of exercise either, so you can easily go overboard with your workout session. Don’t do this because, in the beginning, your goal is to build a committed routine.
Tips for Successful Rebounding Sessions
Rebounding offers a significant number of health benefits to the average person and to the athlete alike. A few simple safety tips can help you get the most out of your rebounding sessions:
- Mix up the movements you do on your mini trampoline. Varying your movements works different parts of your body and generally offers the best results when it comes to weight loss and strengthening.
- Start slowly. Even if you feel confident on your mini trampoline from the start, start slowly with shorter workout sessions. This helps your body adjust to the new type of movement. Build up your session times gradually.
- Stay engaged with your rebounding workout. While it’s easy to watch TV or read a book on the treadmill, the same does not apply when rebounding. Pay attention to your movements and minimize distractions. Make sure you’re engaged with your workout and paying attention to your landings.
- Don’t overdo it. Even as you grow more experienced with rebounding workouts, don’t push yourself too hard. Rebounding offers several unique benefits that other exercises can’t provide, so keeping things simple tends to offer the best results while minimizing the risk of injury.
- Take breaks if you get dizzy. Dizziness is common in those who are not used to rebounding after their first few sessions. If you finish a rebounding session and feel dizzy or develop a headache, take a break. Your body may need to adjust to this type of workout.
If you include rebounding in your daily exercise routine, track your progress over time. Even if you become experienced at rebounding, ten minutes is the best amount of time to devote to this exercise twice each day. Ten minutes provides your body with the full range of benefits rebounding offers in a manageable timeframe while limiting the risk of adverse reactions.